Thursday, January 14, 2010

We've Jumped In

Sorry, its been awhile since I've posted anything. Our adoption application is finally turned in and is being processed. I dropped it off in person, rather than in the mail. I wanted to meet this lady, AJ, who is going to be our social worker/coordinator. We are a little overwhelmed right now with all the paperwork and forms!! We each are working on our adoption family inventory...which is a thorough autobiography of each of our lives. I am so blessed to have had such a wonderful childhood and such supporting/loving parents and family. I can only hope to be the parents that my parents were to me. I have been instilled with such Christian values, morals, and beliefs. This process may be very thorough, but I am learning so much about myself along the way.

Tyler and I sent an e-mail to Mr. Peter Nyombi, who is the Christian attorney in Uganda, requesting his assistance with the adoption. We have not heard anything back from him yet, hopefully soon!

I received a moving and heartfelt letter from our friends, Nate and Jade today. I am brought to tears when I think about all the support and encouragement they have brought to us. I pray that one day I can provide the same to another couple in need, who is walking down this path just like we are.

I have grown in my walk with Christ over the past two years.....I am no where near complete. I know many of you will think I'm crazy, but our infertility has been a blessing. It has changed us! For if we had not experienced it, I know I would still be a Sunday Christian. But, I now seek God daily, hourly, constantly! I can't get enough of Him. I know this walk is not going to be easy, but He will carry us through the valleys. There will be many times when there is only one set of footprints in the sand...


Please pray for our friends Nathan and Jade. They are awaiting to hear when they can return to Uganda to bring their baby Samuel home. God, please watch over him and keep him safe until his mommy and daddy can return for him.

3 comments:

  1. Missy,
    I am so excited for your journey! And I think it's pretty AMAZING that you are releasing in to God! :) I am excited for you and you will have "peace like a river" because of it. I can't imagine living my life without God in control. It would be pretty hard. I talk to Him all day long. :) The girls will say, "Mom, are you praying again?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Myah! God is pretty AMAZING!!! I know this is His will and am soooo excited I have surrendered all to Him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, what an exciting (and yes, overwhelming sometimes!) time! i am so happy for you and you are in my prayers. i didn't realize that you were friends with nate and jade......what a wonderful family. jade is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete